Monday, February 14, 2011

Project 1 In Its Entirety

Light, Depth of Field and Motion

"Demonstrate your understanding of how shutter speeds and aperture sizes can affect the creative potential of an image."

Image Assignment #1 : Slow Shutter Speed

Image Assignment #2 : Fast Shutter Speed

Image Assignment #3 : Pan with a moving object

 Image Assignment #4 : Small Aperture, Large Depth of Field

 Image Assignment #5 : Large Aperture, Small Depth of Field


This was the very first project assigned in my intro to film photography class. I already understood many of the concepts of shutter speed and aperture sizes before taking this class, but having to apply those concepts to film required significantly more thought and practice.  When using film, "do-overs" are much less practical. Nevertheless, this project effectively helped me learn the intricacies of my film slr camera, and I would suggest this to anyone learning to use a film camera for the first time. I don't feel that I put any meaning into any of the photos that I took for this project, but making this effort has allowed me more freedom in the projects that I have done since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a sophomore in college, studying Biochemistry and math, but I am a pilgrim for knowledge. I seek neither greatness nor acknowledgment, but rather to experience and understand the complex world of ours. My desire for this experiential journey of mine is to gain knowledge and wisdom and, more importantly, to form strong bonds of friendship with the individuals around me. This journey began in December of 2008, when a friend of mine died at the age of 17. In his short life, he had changed lives in ways that I never have done. I was struck by the beauty of the life that had been lost, and I made a promise that day to reach out to people around me; to live a life not wasted. My eyes were opened. My life was changed. My journey had begun.

Followers