Friday, January 21, 2011

It Doesn't Take Greatness...

...To Make Something Great. In a recent article on Wired.com,  Hugh Hart discussed a new phenomenon in which videographers are beginning to use video-capable DSLRs as an alternative to professional video cameras that often cost ten times as much as a DSLR. DSLRs have been used for several professional short films, portions of Black Swan, and a whole season of House M.D.  The main two cameras mentioned are the Canon 5D($2500) and the Canon 7D($1500), both of which support FullHD video recording at 30 fps. Although they lack the sensor quality of more expensive cameras, mid range DSLRs as low as $500 can be used for high definition filmmaking. See the video below for a short film shot with a Canon 5D.



"The Last 3 Minutes" Directed by Po Chan from Shane Hurlbut, ASC on Vimeo.

Source: http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/01/cinema-out-of-your-backpack/

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a sophomore in college, studying Biochemistry and math, but I am a pilgrim for knowledge. I seek neither greatness nor acknowledgment, but rather to experience and understand the complex world of ours. My desire for this experiential journey of mine is to gain knowledge and wisdom and, more importantly, to form strong bonds of friendship with the individuals around me. This journey began in December of 2008, when a friend of mine died at the age of 17. In his short life, he had changed lives in ways that I never have done. I was struck by the beauty of the life that had been lost, and I made a promise that day to reach out to people around me; to live a life not wasted. My eyes were opened. My life was changed. My journey had begun.

Followers