Saturday, January 15, 2011

Gizmodo Video Challenge

Gizmodo, a popular blog for technology, science, and random other life stuff, hosts a weekly shooting challenge for its readers. These challenges often last about 5 days, during which people can submit photos that fall under the category for that week. In the past, some of the shooting challenge categories have been 3D photos, high dynamic range photos, family portraits, and photos taken with the lens off. Today, Gizmodo introduced its very first Video Challenge. Despite its name, however, it does not require the use of a video camera. The challenge announced today is to make a time lapse video, involving a series of photos spanning anywhere from several hours to several years being strung together in a video to create the illusion of time passing. Readers interested in taking on this challenge have approximately 1 month to make the video and submit it to Gizmodo. The web page for the contest describes more specific rules for the contest, and it also gives tips and examples for producing such a video.  Time lapse videos can show anything from construction to grass growing. Now feast your eyes upon the following example, created by Henry Jun Wah Lee.



Joshua Tree Under the Milky Way from Henry Jun Wah Lee on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a sophomore in college, studying Biochemistry and math, but I am a pilgrim for knowledge. I seek neither greatness nor acknowledgment, but rather to experience and understand the complex world of ours. My desire for this experiential journey of mine is to gain knowledge and wisdom and, more importantly, to form strong bonds of friendship with the individuals around me. This journey began in December of 2008, when a friend of mine died at the age of 17. In his short life, he had changed lives in ways that I never have done. I was struck by the beauty of the life that had been lost, and I made a promise that day to reach out to people around me; to live a life not wasted. My eyes were opened. My life was changed. My journey had begun.

Followers